Thursday, February 19, 2009

the beginning of the Angel series






As of late I have been working with a single prop that will hopefully turn into a very large series. The idea came about when I dreamt about my cat Angel, who was very special to me. She passed away last May, but somehow I was inspired to do work about immortality/morality, life/death, life/eternal life...etc. I decided to use her collar, which is really the only personal thing of hers left behind besides photographs. I began shooting it in situations that randomly came to mind...I plan on shooting some more complex work this weekend and Monday, which I am excited for. So check back sometime next week for those! I feel particularly good about those ideas.

Most of my ideas as of late have been very complicated and long term--I am about to begin a very exciting series about reversing environments. I don't want to reveal too much right now, but expect to see updates fairly soon--as this project calls for prop construction.

I also want to begin scanning in work from Photo II and my Intermediate drawing class, perhaps some of my Graphic design work from last semester as well.

The most exciting news: I have gone digital...the Sleeping Lessons series and these very preliminary Angel series shots were done with my Nikon D70s.

That's all for now :D

No comments: