Friday, June 19, 2009

Nature's Aesthetics





As of late, I've been working to gather images from our everyday environment. Right off the bat, I consider these semi-boring, as landscapes and nature shots have been practiced FOREVER, and know what? They're still beautiful images and they sell. I brought my camera to my cousin's grad party in Burnett, Wisconsin and took some shots that I'm rather proud of. I love the light on a cloudy day, especially a stormy day, days which have been happening a lot lately here in southern Wisconsin. I loved the storm clouds arriving and the contrast of the dark sky against the green rural landscape. Simply stunning. I realize I need to shoot more art that I would call my own, but why not shoot some work that I find beautiful in the environment I find beautiful, and share it with others who would appreciate it to. Hopefully I get some more artistic ideas soon, but if not, I can always walk around and find what the world has to offer in front of my lens.

No comments: