Sunday, June 28, 2009

Help me brainstorm a new body of work!


"Sleeping Lessons 3"

Many of you may remember my photographic triptych "Sleeping Lessons" (example above). I have a solo show this coming fall in UWGB's 407 Gallery. After months of pondering a theme or any hope for ideas, I have decided to further explore the content that exists within this photograph dealing with the subconscious vs. consciousness, dreams, sleep, etc. I will explore this concept with both photographs AND drawings. While I have this triptych to start with, I obviously need to create more work...and this entry is here to ask for your help brainstorming/creating in two ways.

1) Tell me your dreams! Email me at emiannebee@gmail.com and let me know what's going on. Nightmares? Daydreams? I don't care how bizzare and twisted it is. I will try my best to illustrate them, particularly with drawings.

2) MODELS!!! I have a few shoot ideas and I need participants. Contact me as well if you are interested.

Of course I'll try to start work right away but if you've got a dream or feel like posing in my photographs, PLEASE contact me ASAP! I have two months to make work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah had a dream about a man swimming on his back in the sea with a boat on his chest... leading the boat where it should go...?

Anonymous said...

and i have you down for the 1st slot this semester?! i'll email you some dreams...

I really love that photo you are working from...good luck with this concept, should make for an interesting show!!

Unknown said...

Try www.brainstormforme.com