Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks




I shot these on the Fourth of July at a park in Elm Brook, Wisconsin. These shots were taken during the grand finale. I loved how the "plumes" of the fireworks shot from the landscape mimicking the shape of the large tree on the horizon line and lit up the haze from the fireworks from earlier in the show. I like one shot better for its colors, but the other I like better for the amount of light on the horizon line. Obviously the more colorful shot came at the beginning of the finale, because there is more haze in the second photo to light up. Both photographs were shot under the same manual settings. I hope you enjoy these!

Also, PLEASE check out my Nature/Landscapes set on Flickr!! I have tons of new shots from an excursion to the domes this past week!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilybartos

No comments: