Friday, May 8, 2009

I Shot A Concert!




As Jason put it, "Welcome to the World of Photojournalism. I love this planet!"

Said planet is new to me, but after tonight's experience, I might explore it more. We the Living, one of my favorite bands came to campus like they do every year so I photographed them. It was good that I knew the band, and that made my environment more comfortable. I was thrown into an environment where figures were constantly moving in front of my lens and the light was CONSTANTLY changing. I also found that the setting sun was blinding me and washing out my frame...so we didn't get along but eventually I got a better handle on it. Lessons I've learned:

1) The lead singer WILL look the best in your photos, it's just the way it goes.
2) Snap the shutter CONSTANTLY.
3) The sun is evil.
4) High ISO's are fun! Even though I hate using them.

I am so used to controlling my shots, from the lighting to the figures...and having them pose. This was reality. It was such a fun experience, I enjoyed the challenge of live-action photography. Enclosed in this entry are my two best shots.

Also, sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been living the life of a college student during finals time where you stay up past midnight every night and eat one thing a day because you can't make time to eat. Orange sodas are a great coping mechanism during these times. And as today was the last day of classes, taking Jezebel out of her case and using her for the first time in a few weeks--actively shooting--was what I needed. I'm so happy when I'm out there snappin the shutter and working behind my lens. I cannot wait until summer...just a little over a week to go.

Please keep updated for updates on projects from the semester :D

1 comment:

Steve said...

Try shooting a wild Ska Band at night under a dimly lt porch-High ISOs and slow flash-whoo hoo. Fun tho and I laughed at the lead singer comment-so true.