Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shooting in DePere and Finals






Long story short, ventured to DePere with Adam and Jason to shoot whatever caught our eye. I think I found a few interesting things: worn, aesthetically interested buildings in particular--one with fake windows that looked real far away and a brick wall in an alleyway where you could see that a door and stairway had once been there. There were many other interesting finds as well such as White Pelicans, an abundance of rabbits, a geometric sculpture on the St. Norbert College campus that is supposedly called "The Abortion" according to Jason, Seroogy's amazing chocolate, and we also managed to stumble upon a great european style bakery where their chai tea and gyros make me want to return. So, above, as you probably figured, are some images I shot while on this adventure. They're just interesting and for fun.

So as of right now I have one obligation remaining with finals. My drawing portfolio is due tomorrow and we are critiqued on an individual basis. Rather nervous for this one, and I really hope the outcome is good and that I can finish my last drawing in time---it is taking forever! I am doing detail work of a shoebox study with Prismacolor. Talk about time-consuming. Today we cleaned the darkroom as well. It was bittersweet. I won't miss being at school, but I really do love the photo dept. and our facilities. I will be without a darkroom.

As I clean and move, be sure to find posts reguarding work this semester from Graphics Studio I and Advanced Drawing. And for those of you who still have finals yet, and I know you, good luck!

No comments: