Thursday, March 26, 2009

LRRH: Revisitation




Today I revisited an idea because I fell in love with another costume I grabbed from the basement of my house. I still want to use my mom's old bridesmaid dress, but I still was fascinated by the poofy petticoat i found and definitely the little red riding hood cape hood thing. And I had an itch to shoot, particularly because the week prior I had shot so much I was in some sort of habit or consumed by some fever that caused an adrenaline to just photograph...and constantly. So I talked to my lovely friend Greta, who is also my future roommate and has modeled for me before and many others, and she's a great model because she will do anything. This shoot was particularly familiar to her...she's had her share of playing fairy tale characters that are "bad to the bone". Last semester she appeared in a classmate's series of photographs where Little Miss Muffet was taking her revenge on the spider. Anyways, she was Big Bad Little Red this time. We took our story to set at the famous "Church in the Woods"...which is literally this old chapel in the middle of the woods...it's still maintained by the descendants of the founder's children...it's been there since 1925. Unfortunately it's become a sex pot and beer shack for some students. Or a place to shoot, for me. We may have been a little disrespectful...Little Red pointed her gun at a statue of St. Francis.

In other news, I can't find Jezebel's lenscap. Anywhere. It's a snap-on cap that I HATE because if it gets bumped it falls off. So while I was moving my stuff back into my apartment after spring break it probably caught on something. So I need a UV filter at least to keep it from scratching. Especially since I plan on reshooting at the church. The other news is that I came up with this idea, and I'm going to shoot a self-portrait every week. Sure I've used myself as a model but I don't have them labeled as self portraits nor are they meant to be. I'm a body that can fit into my clothes and be available whenever I want it to be...so...yeah. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot the first one. We'll see what I come up with.

I don't get critiqued til April 6th....so I'm printing the first Little Red photo and the "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" One. Four 11x14 prints are being processed of the toy images right now. They should hurry up so I can have them!

No comments: