Sunday, March 8, 2009

Milkmaid in a Blizzard





I was rather dissapointed with the weather today. It had been 40-50 degrees, ideal for outdoor photography in a Wisconsin winter, and today was my only window of opportunity for this. We decided to go out for a quick shoot anyways--a whomping 14 frames--and my model was more into it than I was about going out which encouraged me to venture outside right by my apartment so we could run right back in when we were done. I got a couple good shots, not sure I will use the one in the center as the composition wasn't as strong--I was trying to keep the dumpsters out of my shot. We have more of a costume wardrobe to play with but we shall do that in the lighting studio--as the snow is extra icy-wet today and not so fluffy--my lens wasn't a fan of the weather.

I finally purchased wire for constructing my jellyfish, and I might throw some watercolor onto the background of my drawing. I also am going to hang my work in the hallway in the display case as it is my turn (every Advanced photo student gets a week of the semester to do so). Hopefully the weather will calm down or shooting during the week may be more difficult.

Mother Nature better be on my side...or there will be one very Wisconsin-hating photographer.

No comments: