Sunday, March 29, 2009

Working Logos and Nearing Completion of an Epic Garment



Alright, above are a couple more developed logo ideas...still not 100% confident with them but this is where I am at for now.

Tonight I have been working on my dress....which is no longer really ocean pollution but pollution in general...probably more with littering, actually. I dyed this floral print dress...adorable frickin dress...blue last week and since then have been sewing stuff too it. I began with sewing scraps of paper, wrappers, etc into swirl patterns below the bustline down and then in the back i sewed chiffon, and plastic bags to make a sort of train or whatever. I also stained it with black ink..same swirly pattern. I even have a giant flower made from dryer sheets. As it dries in the living room I know I created something great, but there's more to be done before crit on Tuesday.

I never took my self portrait this week. However, I found a great new location to shoot in. My friend Nik moved to an apartment above a funeral home...and everything about the building is gorgeous. Ideas are storming about in my mind, like mad. Expect photographs. Also, Nik's father, who donated a new door to our darkroom is also a photographer and gave me some 3200 ISO black and white film. Playtime? Yes.

Now. Dishes.

No comments: